Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the Registration for XAT 2014 Start?
- Registration for XAT 2014 starts on 12th August 2013 and ends on 22nd November 2013.
- Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university from India/abroad are eligible to apply. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2014 may also apply. Other XAT Associate Member Institutes may have a different date regarding the completion of the final examination.
- Please enter the aggregate percentage of marks obtained till the time of filling the form.
- XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI and XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes in the home page). If you are interested in XLRI or any other XAT Associate Member Institutes, you need to register and apply separately for the academic programmes of XLRI or to the institutes of your choice.
- Results will be available on the website by 31st January 2014.
- Go to the IDBI Bank Branch where you had made the payment for XAT along with a print out of the pay-in-slip. Request the branch to give you a photocopy of the pay-in-slip with bank's original seal and signature on it.
- You can download your admit card from our website www.xatonline.net.in any time during December 18, 2013 - December 31, 2013. XAT office will not be sending admit cards to any candidates.
- The test will be of 3 hours i.e. from 10:30am to 01:30pm.
XAT 2014 will be on the similar pattern like last few years. It will have four sections (i) Verbal and Logical Ability (ii) Decision Making (iii) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (iv) General Knowledge. The marks of General Knowledge will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However it is used by XLRI and some othr Associate Member Institutes at the time of final selection
- Yes, the file size of the photograph or the signature file should not be more than 50 KB each. For steps to reduce file size click here...
On successfully making the payment and updating the same in your profile (in case of payment through Cash / Demand Draft mode), you are required to upload your recent passport size colour photograph (full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application summarily rejected) and your signature as per the instructions given on the relevant page and once you have uploaded them correctly, the page will display your photograph and signature.
Candidates can log in through their XAT id to check if their form has been received or not by the XAT office.
This could be a temporary problem and will get resolved within 24-48 hours. Please wait for 24-48 hours and send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org only if you are still not able to view the final confirmation page. Please do not attempt to make a second payment immediately.
Kindly send an email to email@example.com with your XAT ID, date of payment, card holders name and the credit/debit card details (first four & last four digits and card expiry date).